Service Technician Needed
Smith Engineering would like to add a skilled service technician to our team. As a manufacturer of custom water treatment equipment for the medical device and electronics industries in the region, it is important that we provide our customers with excellent field support. This is a full time position with competitive pay, excellent benefits and opportunities for career development. A qualified candidate must:
- Read an interpret electrical schematics
- Read and interpret plumbing schematics.
- Make mechanical repairs.
- Repair third party equipment.
- Troubleshoot AC and DC electrical circuits.
- Possess excellent organizational abilities.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem solving ability.
- Exhibit strong customer service skills.
- Obtain DOT health card (may obtain after hire).
- Clean driving record.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Strong electronics background.
- Education or experience programming PLC’s.
- Experience in the field of water treatment.
This position requires regular overtime, occasional weekend shifts, on call rotation and some travel (less than 10%). We welcome skilled technicians from other fields, such as HVAC, auto electronics and industrial equipment repair. Compensation based on experience and ability.