To our valued customers and vendors:
We are meeting daily to closely monitor the situation and quickly implement all necessary changes to practices and protocols in accordance with the CDC and State Departments of Health. We have implemented the following changes:
- Enacting all applicable CDC guidelines, including social distancing and hygiene measures.
- Increasing cleaning in our offices.
- Implementing a daily self-screening
- Encouraging employees to work from home whenever feasible.
- Suspending all non-essential business travel.
- Eliminating all non-essential in-person meetings.
- Posting personal hygiene posters in office.
- Minimizing large gatherings.
In regard to equipment support service and DI exchange service-
- Locked down the regeneration plant so that only critical personnel have access.
- With critical positions we have isolated the backups from the primaries.
- Staggered start time for delivery drivers so that their exposure to each other is limited.
- Staggered start times for service techs as well as encourage them to take service vans home so their exposure to each other is limited.
- Disinfect the external surface of the exhausted DI tanks as they are being loaded on trucks.
- Disinfect the external surface of the DI tanks prior to loading on the delivery trucks.
Smith Engineering – A Critical Infrastructure Industry
In accordance with “Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce” published March 19th 2020 by the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency, Smith Engineering’s business operations meet the criteria for “critical infrastructure industry.”
Specifically, the following business activities are identified:
- Workers necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains
- Manufacturers, technicians, logistics and warehouse operators, and distributors of medical equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), medical gases, pharmaceuticals, blood and blood products, vaccines, testing materials, laboratory supplies, cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting or sterilization supplies, and tissue and paper products
- Employees and firms supporting food, feed and beverage distribution, including warehouse workers, vendor managed inventory controllers and blockchain managers
- Workers repairing water and wastewater conveyances and performing required sampling or monitoring
- Chemical disinfectant suppliers for wastewater and personnel protection
Smith Engineering will continue business operations in support of our customers until further notice. We have instituted all recommendations for COVID-19 response as recommended by the CDC. The safety and well-being of our employees and those they come in contact with is paramount. As a critical infrastructure supplier we also feel a responsibility to support the response of all critical suppliers by maintaining or normal work schedule as much as possible.
VP of Operations
Smith Engineering Inc.