Join the Team! Smith Engineering is actively searching for talent to support its growing needs.
We are looking for Quality Minded Employees that take great personal pride in all tasks they perform; Service Minded Employees who understand that customer satisfaction is our #1 priority; Professional Employees who can work effectively as part of a team, demonstrate personal initiative, and professionally represent our company in all endeavors.
We offer competitive salaries/wages, a strong healthcare program, dental insurance, life insurance, Aflac, 401k, profit sharing and a casual, yet professional work environment. Smith Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Smith Engineering Inc. is a growing manufacturer of custom purified water treatment equipment located in Chaska, MN. We are a thriving small business that offers a fast paced, professional, yet casual approach to the workplace. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefit packages, as well as opportunities for personal growth and career advancement.
* We are in search of an Equipment Technician to add to our equipment build team.
Equipment Technician qualifications:
* Layout of components for assembly from standard CAD plumbing drawings
* Assembly of water treatment equipment to include softeners, deionization, and filtration equipment
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong visual / detail skills
* Outstanding personal reliability and dependability
* Other duties as directed by the Equipment Build Manger
Our ideal Equipment Technician has the following:
* Minimum High School Diploma
* Trade school certification or experience in plumbing and water treatment assembly
* Ability to read and interpret 2D CAD technical drawings
* Experience with PVC piping
* Electrical and/or welding experience a plus
* Desire to work in a “team” environment
* Desire to work occasional overtime and weekend requirements
* Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
* Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Also must possess or qualify for a DOT card
* A desire to work 7:00-3:30 M-F
Smith Engineering Inc. offers paid vacation, a competitive salary, attractive health plan, 401k and profit sharing.